Friday, February 6, 2009

Time Just Flies By!

Yesterday I had my advertising class all morning, and then we walked past Hyde Park to go to Harrod's. I was somewhat creeped out by this place. There were restaurants (I want to go back to the Chocolate Bar) and anything else you could imagine. (There were writing pens that sold for thousands and thousands of pounds... What the heck? Why not just use the free ones you get from businesses?)

After Herrod's a group of us went out to eat at a nice pizza restaurant across from Hyde Park. It was very nice, and I even had an egg smack dab in the middle of my pizza. (I was a litlte weirded out by it, but I went with it.)

After that... Karaoke! I went out long enough just to sing one duet, and even got a couple compliments on my singing. (BAHAHAHAHA)

This morning we woke up and headed for Westminster Pier to catch a boat headed to Greenwich. I (of course) ran into problems when we left Vandon and realized I had forgotten my Oyster card... The whole group rode the Tube to the river, but Kathryn and I sprinted down the streets of London to catch up with the group. Nothing like a little morning workout...

We couldn't have picked a worse day to go to Greenwich. The boat ride was fun, but it was chilly and raining. When we got to Greenwich we went to the Royal Observatory, and I was in two hemispheres at once! We also hit up the Maritime Museum and the Queen's House, both historically interesting.

A highlight of the trip came in the form of food (go figure). We ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant, and my oh my! How I had missed nachos!

I definitely plan to go back to Greenwich on a warmer day, and take in all the sights while I can still feel all of my toes. It was very cute there, and a nice little break from the city. (And yes, I will go have more nachos at the Mexican restaurant.)

Each week goes by faster than the last one! This doesn't surprise me though... my dad has taught me from an early age that life just flies by.

"You're in third grade already, Jenon. Can you believe it? Before you know it you will be graduating high school and then off to college."

This is just an example of what Dave would say to me many mornings before I caught the bus to school. (At one point in my life, I thought I would be five years-old forever. I promised myself I would never grow up because I never wanted to do "grown up things". My biggest fear as a youngin': Trying to buy a plane ticket.)

This talk has continued through the years, and my dad still reminds me how short life really is. I can't think of a better lesson to learn. I know my time in London is limited, and it's a great reminder to make the most of every day.

And because of it, I am definitely not taking any time in London for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment