Monday, February 23, 2009

I am sick of smoke in my face

On Saturday we went to the longest market in London - Portobello Road Market. This was made famous in the movie Notting Hill.

The first part was antiques, then came the food (YES!) and finally it ended with clothing-like stuff. My favorite part: The food... DUH. (I keep thinking, "I don't have enough time here to eat and experience all sorts of different food! So much to eat, so little time!)

Now, the fruits and veggies didn't make this place great. It was the bread and doughnuts and candy in the middle of the market that made it great. We stood and stared at a stand full of pastries and doughnuts for a good five minutes... (Yes, I am going back to try one... or two.)

Walking along the market, I also smelled whiffs of fish, which was actually disgusting, but I decided it added to the whole market atmosphere...

The only thing that took away from our journey down this winding street full of antiques and yummy goodies?

Smoke.

I seriously think that people aim for my face when they are blowing their cigarette smoke into the air. And I am going to be honest, it is getting old.

I still love London; I think it's great. But the smoke has got to go.

Saturday night we went out on the town to a place I would call a "club". At first I was not so excited about the whole thing... there was loud techno music, which I am definitely not keen of because I like to keep my hearing.

Thankfully, though, we went up one floor where they were playing a different kind of music: Oldies! It was fun to dance the night away to the classics - Thank goodness for Grease and the Beatles!

1 comment:

  1. Jenon! Who would have thought? The Beatles? Dad would like to know if they played any of the BeeGees!!!?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete