Thursday, February 26, 2009

I love this place.

I love, love, love it here.

Today I had my advertising class, and we took a field trip to the European bank where my tutor (aka teacher) is a consultant for Bulgaria. It was fun, and he is hillllarrrious.

After class I decided to walk home along the River Thames path from the Tower of London. My walk along the river was wonderful despite the chilly wind and sprinkles.

I even took a detour on the Millennium Bridge to stop in at Tate Modern - an impressive modern art gallery. Once I had my fill, I left and bought some tasty roasted peanuts. (I may or may not have chased the roasted peanut guy down... I couldn't believe he was rolling his cart of goodies away!)

It was on my way back over the Millennium Bridge towards St. Paul's Cathedral when I thought, "OH MY GOODNESS... life is great."

My time in London has definitely taught me to be more in the moment - spend less time worrying about tomorrow because tomorrow will take care of itself.

Today I took a long walk, ate roasted peanuts and pretended to love art. And I enjoyed every minute of it because I let myself soak it all in.

I eventually made it back to Vandon for a quick pit-stop, and then headed to Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street and Oxford Circus where I spent some time shopping (aka just looking).

It was on my way home again when I ran into Steph Cottrell - a fellow AGD back at Iowa State. HOW NUTS! I still can't get over it. At first I didn't think there was any possible way it was her... but it was! We had a nice little chat, and then we were both on our way. (I think I might have to start singing Disney's "It's a Small World After All" after this crazy meeting!)

It has been a wonderful day, but my legs and feet are hating me from all the walking. I am making some supper soon, and then spending a relaxing night in.

Tomorrow: A day trip to Oxford.

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me Jenon! Reading your blog is like a trip down memory lane for me. I want to go back! All of those places hold special memories in my heart of my days there falling for Tommy. Enjoy!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete