Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Arrival

After a long adventure traveling on my first international flight, I have arrived in London! And I am exhausted.

It hit me as our plane flew over Ireland that, indeed, I am crossing the Atlantic to go to London. Yikes.

Once I - along with many other students on the program - arrived in London, we went through Customs and waited for our baggage. I have my small suitcase, but my big suitcase with most of my clothes is M.I.A. More importantly, this suitcase holds all my undergarmets.

Yes, that's right. I am in London with no underwear.

My roommate Jill does not have either of her two bags, so we might go do a little shopping.

Tonight everyone on the program is having pizza, taking a walk of the neighborhood and going for a drink at the local pub.

I am excited to get out and see the sights, and I will start taking pictures to share with everyone. This is such a cute place... it's like Epcot at Disneyworld... only better and real.

3 comments:

  1. OH Jenon! I am so excited for you. Wish I could have seen your face when you got off the underground train system and saw everything! Glad you made it and hopefully your panties come soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your flight went well and your adjusting to your "new" home. Have a great time on your adventure...Keep us posted.
    We miss you already!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some underwear on your bottom soon.
    love grace kirby

    ReplyDelete