Friday, April 3, 2009

Trying to fit everything in...

It scares me how fast time is flying, especially now that I am so comfortable in my London surroundings. There are still so many things I want to see and do, but time is running out! From today, the countdown is at FIVE weeks.

I cannot even remember certain things about home. I don't remember what Skippy or Jif peanut butter tastes like. I am so used to the all-natural stuff here. And when I forget what it's like to eat a spoonful of Reduced-fat Jif peanut butter? You know it's a big deal.

Last night I was able to go to a Royal Philharmonic Orchestra concert, which was great. While listening to the concert I thought, "I kind of miss playing my french horn."

BAHAHAHAH!

After the concert a lot of the people on the program went out for karaoke. It was such a great time to be with everyone, and it's amazing to think of how close our friendships have grown. We have definitely had a lot of laughs. And bonded over the days of homesickness.

Today I went on a London East End walk before eating an authentic Indian lunch. It was good, but I felt a little queasy after it. I don't think it helped that I just had Mexican for dinner either. It's quite a weird combination.

Today we also went on an official tour of the Houses of Parliament. I just love all the history, and I hope to read more books about British history - even when I am back in the States.

Tomorrow I am going on a day trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath.

The days are dwindling just like the figures in my bank account...

2 comments:

  1. WOW Jennon! What a life changing experiences you are having! I hope you always have the excitement and love of life that you now have! God bless you each and every day as you continue on your life's journey. Can't wait to see and talk to you when you get home.
    Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the band comment! Perhaps you could audition for the Ames Municipal Band?

    I will have a jar of peanut butter ready for you to stick your finger in when you get back and I won't even be mad :)

    ReplyDelete