Thursday, April 9, 2009

An Italian Spring Break

I am just hours away from taking a flight to Venice, Italy.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my spring break, and I have chosen to spend eight days in Italy. The itinerary is as follows:

1 day Venice

2 days Florence

2 days Rome

1 day sailing (I forget where... but it's on a boat.)

2 days in the Cinque Terre

It should be a great time and definitely a trip full of adventure.

We had all of our hostels booked and ready to go, but two days ago we received an e-mail from the management of our Florence hostel... and it basically said, "Sorry! Find new place. We overbooked."

So now we are camping. Yes, camping in a house tent. With no electricity for two days. Hmm..... this should be interesting. No worries, Mother, the house tent locks. And we have a flashlight. What more could we need?

I am trying not to cringe.

And yes, Jaci. I know you are laughing and making fun of me right now, but I can be a wilderness girl... I really can! And just for the record, the camping was my idea.

I can't wait until I can afford a hotel. Is that bad?

I have quite a sore throat, so hopefully I can manage to stay healthy on this trip. This shall forever be remembered as my semester living as an ill-stricken zombie. (My mom even notices my dark circles when we Skype...)

I have packed my book bag and one other bag to their brims. I am leaving my new waterbottle at Vandon this time, however. Even though it only cost a measly two pounds... I don't want to risk it.

Katherine has her GPS navigator all ready to go, so we will not be completely lost in Italy... I hope.

When I am back, expect a full update - I will even throw in some pictures (I have been such a slacker in this area, I know...).

No comments:

Post a Comment