Monday, March 2, 2009

Oops, I did it again...

Just a quick update from this weekend: I was supposed to go to Oxford, but made a trip down the street to the doctor instead. I had been complaining about my jaw hurting all week and could not figure out what was going on. On Thursday night I could barely talk, let alone close my mouth or chew. (And trust me... when something interferes with my ability to chew food, I am going to take serious action...)

Turns out that I have a tube from my teeth to my inner ear that is blocked with mucus. I know... disgusting. Friday I steamed (put a towel over my head while breathing over a boiling pot of water... how enjoyable!) and drank lots and lots of water. Thankfully Saturday I woke up and could close my mouth. It's getting better - I plug my nose and try to pop my ear 20-30 times a day. (This kind of makes me light-headed, but I think it's working.)

After a weekend of rest (and steam), I had class this morning. It was a nice day here in London with a bit of sunshine. Flowers are starting to bloom, and the parks get busier each day with everyone enjoying the weather. Unfortunately, the forecast calls for snow tomorrow, but I am crossing my fingers this doesn't happen!

Tonight was the premier of Marley and Me, and although I vowed I would never do anything like the BAFTAs again... I couldn't pass up seeing Jennifer Aniston.

We waited for just a couple hours, and the weather wasn't freezing (thank goodness). We stayed for a short while - just enough time to get a couple photos and get out of the pushy, rude crowd. I saw Jennifer, and she is very tan. And skinny. Such nice hair too. I also saw Owen Wilson, but all I thought was, "Oh! It's Owen! Take a picture... take a picture... quick!"

It's just a silly movie premier, but it's free, and when else am I going to see Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson?

Thank you, again, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment